Lincoln has always loved being rocked to sleep, which was no big deal since I could lay him down and move on doing whatever I needed. AND because he wasn't too heavy, so no sweat right?
Now the slightest little movements I make wake him... don't even think about laying him down, his eyes will pop open and he will not be coaxed back to sleep. He'll get a big smile on his face and say," I got ten minutes mom, I'm good to go!" But an hour later he's extra fussy and our schedule gets a little thrown off.
My solution:
Hold him the whole time he sleeps! (I'm workin on it)
This is not an easy task for and almost 17 lb 4 month old. The most comfortable way to do this is, sit on an exercise ball and place him on my lap...
Sometimes I'll improvise with a backpack.
It works for now (and a good excuse to finish my shows on netflix)
On the plus side he's very portable! He takes a nap wherever we go AND he is a fantastic night sleeper so I can't complain. Also, I won't get this snuggly (back breaking) mommy time for much longer anyway.
It may not look like it here but Lincoln is totally excited to expand the items on his limited menu.
For his first time he did really well and got some of the food in his mouth. Each spoonful took about three try's to get it all in. By the end he was leaning toward the spoon, so I consider it a great success.
After cleaning Lincoln up... I turned to see Ken enjoying a cupcake. Haha!






Such a cutie! What are you watching on Netflix right now? I love your kitchen BTW! Miss you!
ReplyDelete