It feels as if I have been a mother forever! But when I really think about it, I realize it's only been 5 months...
It's all going by so quickly and I feel like he's already changed so much since he's been born. For example he's attempting holding his bottle.
(Hopefully I don't jinx it, but as I've been writing, he has passed out!)
AND he's self soothing (except for the blanket-that was me)
There are these glorious days where everything goes smoothly and he eats enough, sleeps enough, and isn't fussy at all. I put him to bed and think, "man I'm good at this!" BUT then there are those days where I just can't get it together and I have a mini meltdown on poor Ken... then again that was pretty normal pre baby too. Oh my poor boys.
Luckily those days aren't too often (ken may or may not agree).
I am fortunate that my child is unbelievably easy going and I haven't been traumatized into
"mommy- hood".
Luckily those days aren't too often (ken may or may not agree).
I am fortunate that my child is unbelievably easy going and I haven't been traumatized into
"mommy- hood".
At Lincoln's 4 month checkup the pediatrician informed us we could start rice cereal, then pureed veggies a few weeks later.
Veggie #1- carrots:
didn't go over so well
After about 8 more spoonfuls it started to feel like torture...
Day #3 of carrots:
persistence pays off!
Tuesday September 24, 2013
Lincoln is 5 months old and wearing his 6-9 month outfits.
Digging through all of his clothes was like shopping all over again. I packed up all of his "too small" clothing and organized all of his new stuff, which has currently satisfied my need to go to Target or Carters.
He's also getting pretty good at sitting up (kind of). This is how it goes:
I place him in the sitting position, he stays up for about 15 seconds while grunting because there is a lot of pressure from him leaning on his chubby belly, then he slowly slumps to his side.
We're getting there
On our evening stroll yesterday... He looks kinda like the "Gangnam Style" guy.
(minus the fishy onsie)













Oh my gosh. I'm laughing so hard tight now maddie. You and Lincoln crack me up!! Those faces with the food! Hilarious!
ReplyDelete