Saturday, November 23, 2013

The Holidays

HALLOWEEN
In honor of my sweet husband Ken, we decided to dress up as Star Wars characters for Halloween. I found this special number in my closet, kens from his moms attic (still fits from when he was 12...) and Lincoln's beanie from Etsy. 


 He made a very cute Yoda. Although, I heard more than once that he should have been a sumo. Is that because he's chubby or Japanese?




 I have come to find that I have an incredible love for highchairs. This amazing little Ikea one that my parents had from past grandchildren is the best.
AND when I got mine in the mail, I did a little dance! 
     

                                                                                 (special gift from Great Grandpa "HiJichan" Iwao)






 Here is why:
-It helps him sit up
-keeps him in place
-involves him in "adult" world
-And of course allows him to do his favorite thing... eat

Here he is sitting up on his own, which lasted for about 45 seconds, before he slumped over.


Lincoln got his first package in the mail!

Thank you for the gift Anderson family!


An Xbox controller left out by the husband is fair game as a toy. As I was mumbling that I wouldn't mind if he broke it... Lincoln turned it on, which is pretty easy considering he was hitting every button. I just had to laugh as I flashed forward, give or take 8 yrs, seeing him putting in (too) many hours into whatever game will be haunting my life.

This almost inappropriate picture just shows how much this guy loves/needs his naps. On the drive home from a last minute errand run he passed out. Even when I extracted him from his carseat, walked up stairs and changed his diaper, he didn't even open an eyelid. It had to be documented haha.



Baby PJ's can be so entertaining. Especially the ones with ridiculous hats that are somewhat pointless (at least for Lincoln). But It's worth wearing for a minute to get a memorable shot.


And then there are the ones I will be sad to see him grow out of.



THANKSGIVING
There is nothing more exciting than the holidays! And now I'm not ALONE in my 
jubilation (cough cough, Ken). Even if I have to force it, Lincoln will love the holidays too!

What better way than to preserve a child's handprint than turn it into a turkey. 
Even though he squished his fingers together and created more of a blob than a handprint on both the pumpkin and the baby book, it's still priceless.




No comments:

Post a Comment