Our very sweet and energetic 2 year old has been acting out lately, which is what we expected since we knew our family would be growing. Lincoln loves his baby brother Beck and is surprisingly very helpful. Whenever I'm feeding Beck and I need something, Lincoln is quick to jump up and get it for me.
As you can see we spend all day, every day in our living room. Since I'm feeding Beck every two hours, he is attached to my hip and I'm not readily available to help Lincoln with the small daily things I used to... Lincoln has been such a good sport during this change, but has started some weird and slightly obnoxious behaviors.
When I expressed my frustrations about this to a good friend, she offered to watch Beck so that Ken and I could have some much needed one on one time with Lincoln.
So we decided to take Lincoln to the mall where there is a train (of course). Since it's a ridiculous price to ride, we just watched it and waved to the conductor.
Then we got a happy meal and went to a few shops picking up every kids favorite things, candy and chocolate!
The other day we were picking up some groceries when Lincoln spotted a random train in the toy isle. He didn't want us to take it away of course, but when we explained we wouldn't buy it for him, he surprisingly let it go. So today we decided to take him back to Target and buy that very train for him.
He couldn't contain his excitement when we told him we were getting him a toy!
We tried showing him other toys to see if there was something else he may want but when he saw THE train... there was no question.
He knew what he wanted!
Thank you Michelle for watching the babe. Lincoln needed that attention, your a genius!
No comments:
Post a Comment