Sunday, December 13, 2015

The Polar Exress

We started out our trip bundled up and ready for the cold. 
After checking into the hotel we met up with Katie, Richie and Easton outside the Polar Express train station. Sometimes, when Lincoln is really excited he says, "Pole Expless" with a little raspberry sound on the pl part. 
Lincoln was in train heaven! 

Lincoln kept running away and climbing up into the trains. He even got yelled at by some strange woman walking by. It's a normal day for me when someone random tells my kid how to behave right as I'm about to do so... I have a very busy toddler and sadly it's become a full time job keeping him from doing anything he shouldn't! 





After boarding Lincoln had his face pressed up against the window! 
Luckily the freezing temperatures didn't affect Beck's mood. 


It was so cute how the workers danced up and down the isles and cheerily served us hot cocoa and cookies. Lincoln uncharacteristically turned down both. He only wanted to hold the tickets and watch out the window for the North Pole. 
Beck on the other hand, wanted one.... He kept pulling it toward his face and attacking it! 
The workers got everyone chanting "Santa!" Right as he walked into our train car. Lincoln was yelling right along with them which made me hopeful he'd love getting a chance to be face to face with him. 
He was willing to take the bell but wasn't super friendly. 


He could only eye the poor guy with suspicion. 

As the ride came to an end and we were layering back up to leave, Lincoln suddenly up chucked all over himself, Ken and our seats. For some odd reason (maybe only mothers would understand) I stuck my hand out to catch it all... Bahaha! It was a huge mess and the workers didn't appreciate it. I asked if I could help in any way and the guy said, "really there's nothing you could do..." In a super irritated voice. Then I asked if he knew where the mess was and he gravely responded, "I saw it." Hahaha! Looking back I can laugh but the whole situation was quite embarrassing. Women on the train offered to hold beck or hand me wipes but for he most part everyone was pretty grossed out. 
So we rushed out to the car and stripped Lincoln down. 
Back at the hotel I scavenged for coins and took all the soiled clothing up two flights and across the building to launder everything. Ken ran out to get dinner which we ended up eating in the lobby to avoid waking sleeping monsters. The whole night was quite the adventure! And we agreed we'd totally do it again just to see Lincoln's excitement despite his sour stomach. 
The next morning all of flagstaff was covered in fluffy white snow! It makes me miss my years at school in Idaho. 


Sweet Easton couldn't get enough of Beck. 
We took a pit stop at the anthem outlets to let Lincoln stretch his legs and feed beck. 
Kids make these trips a little difficult but it's all for nothing without them! 

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome trip and great memories, even if they are filled with a little vomit :)

    ReplyDelete